I used to be all the time underweight for a defensive lineman. I confirmed up for observing at Vanderbilt weighing a whopping 213lbs standing 6’4″.
Not very intimidating. The personnel director had advised me that there was no approach I may make it within the SEC and I ought to simply be an everyday pupil. I believed in any other case. Listed below are the steps I took to earn a full scholarship after my first semester:
1. Resolve that you simply WILL SUCCEED it doesn’t matter what the fee
2. Ship recreation movie to EVERY School you have an interest in.
3. Minimize out ANYTHING that might provide you with an excuse for failure. (I refused to drink soda, alcohol or the rest that might give me an excuse for failing)
4. Ask till you get the reply you need. I requested my head coach EVERYDAY if I had earned a scholarship but. I imply EVERY DAY. As quickly because the season was over, he advised me I used to be thought-about a FULL SCHOLARSHIP participant by him and the teaching employees.
5. Choose one thing that helps you’re feeling like you’ve a BIGGER PURPOSE in life. I might learn a chapter out of the Bible EVERY NIGHT to assist me really feel related spiritually to my objective. I might envision myself flying over the stadium in a airplane seeing how small the stadium was. This helped me to mentally put together for lengthy practices or video games as a result of I felt that, from this attitude, the stadium was very small.
6. Turn into OBSESSED with attaining your objective. If it does not show you how to attain your objective then DON’T DO IT. That is the place I get some flack from the mother and father on the market. I used to be a great pupil. I had truly been accepted as a pupil to Vanderbilt not simply an athlete. I had scheduled all my lessons within the morning, hoping to be achieved by midday. In actuality, I by no means awoke earlier than midday, which induced me to have “lower than good” grades that first semester.
7. Be ready with one other objective AFTER you get your scholarship. Sadly, I didn’t observe this remaining step. I used to be so satisfied that I had earned a scholarship that once I truly did it was anti-climactic to me. This led to a HUGE LET-DOWN as a result of I had no different objectives arrange for me to attempt for. I suffered from the “NOW WHAT?” syndrome.
The take aways from this text are that you could focus 100% of your power on getting that scholarship. Mother and father could argue, however getting the scholarship IS ALL THAT MATTERS at first THEN you may fear about our grades. When you get the scholarship, set your self ANOTHER GOAL to stop your self from falling into the “what now?” syndrome. Eat wholesome, work your butt off within the health club and on the sphere and hold your thoughts proper spiritually.
Article Supply: http://EzineArticles.com/7404670